Thursday, May 5, 2011

It Takes Confidence to Be Smooth

Seasoning the chicken and re-purposing the pasta from the night before left me with doubt as to whether the boys and hubby were going to be satisfied with the evenings fare. While doubting myself, Jason DeRulo comes on with his 2009 hit "Whatcha Say" filling the kitchen with all its regret and swagger.

Cause when the roof cave in and the truth came out
I just didn't know what to do
But when I become a star we'll be living so large
I'll do anything for you
So baby watcha say!

My first thought is. Did that work? Asking for another chance by stating your lofty personal goals? Did she jump at that? This part catches my attention because I realize how many R&B and rap songs include their vision of their success in their songs. As someone who loses focus on her vision, I could learn from Jason DeRulo, Lupe Fiasco, Jay Z, etc. All these artists either describe their vision, express gratitude or inspire. These are all elements of the law of attraction. It helps to have a killer hook that gets embedded in the listeners head, too.

Soon doubt turns to setting the table while envisioning a happy family dinner. If they don't like the food, at least we can enjoy each other. After all, that really is my larger vision for my family.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Ludacris succinctly sums up swagger quite neatly in the following refrain...*ahem*:
"You can catch me in Rome/mackin' some broads and stickin' 'em/and you'll be at home/pickin' yo boogers and flickin' 'em." Ludacris, ladies and gentlemen.

Gillian said...

This is an interesting blog concept. I love it!

As a side note, I overcook dinner because of Adele, too!

So you know, I'm newly following via the "Finding Friends" hop!

Baby Talk without the Babble

Jessica, The Mom said...

New follower from the hop! Stop by and see me, please! Would love it if you added me to your blog list. I'd be happy to do the same. Just let me know!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Bill, for pointing out another gem :)